One of my favourite homes from the Spring issue of Heart Home magazine belongs to designer Lou RotaHer ceramic designs are influenced by her passion for the natural world, especially insects, 'I love playing with unusual combinations of flora and fauna'. 

Lou describes herself more of a graphic artist who happens to use ceramics. Her previous day job was producing science and natural history programmes for television - which explains rather a lot ;)

Being a fan of her work I cannot say I was surprised by how pretty her home was. I felt her products really translated into the style of her house. Beautiful, quirky & fun with plenty of up cycled furniture, interesting accessories and an abundance of colour. Warm and friendly you felt immediately at ease with Lou which was an absolute treat spending the day at her home.








A selection at some of Lou Rota's fabulous products available via her online shop.

Gorgeous Photograhy of Lou Rota's home courtesy of Penelope Wincer.